We broke down the teacher training system into smaller easily achievable goals. We called them a Delta.
We selected the first batch of teachers for "RISE". They were trained on the first set of Deltas. Based on certain parameters, they were assessed - their shortcomings were explained and so were the ways to improve them. The first set of Deltas were developed for the pilot batch.
Based on feedbacks from the teachers and the school leaders, we drew up a structured framework for the Deltas.
We added two more Deltas to the system bringing the total to 4.
Formulated a Delta-Kit for teachers and school leaders that consisted of videos, powerpoint presentations and handouts.
We selected a couple of teachers for the 'Core Team' and we trained them for peer-observations.
Since the observations were being done on paper, we accumulated a pile of paperwork. Tracking teacher progress over a period of time became difficult. The entire process of data collection and analysis was becoming tedious over a period of time.
We hatched a plan with the school's app team to simplify the whole process of data collection and analysis. We kicked-off the process of developing the prototype.
Boom! An early prototype of the website and app were met with positive reviews. We knew we were on to something...
With the new academic year on the horizon, we were determined to build up on the successes of the first year. We set the goals and build new deltas for the next academic year.
As a teacher, I now know where I need to put my efforts on. Its such a great thing to have feedbacks right on my mobile app!
Now it is easier for me to easily track the progress of my teachers. How they are doing currently, and how I can focus on their strong and weak skills.
It’s such a great app. It has made my classroom observations so much easier!